Child Genetic Consultation Appointment
Pediatric intake appointment Includes:
- Live video consultation with licensed physician in your state of residence
- Multiple reviews from genetic counselors about your case
- Physician follow up plan via live video conference
Self Pay: $185.00 (charged after physician visit; if not covered by insurance)
Note: you can use your health savings account for this physician/genetic counselor appointment.
Initial child genetic testing (pediatric/parent consultation) with a boarded, licensed physician, or physician assistant licensed in your state to discuss your personal and family medical history in order to understand if a genetic test(s) is appropriate. Genetic tests (based on medical need) available through our labs and are saliva based and include:
- Birth defects (physical differences present at birth causing a health problem)
- Conditions with one or more birth defects (Down syndrome, Williams syndrome, or achondroplasia)
- Conditions that can cause disabilities (fetal alcohol syndrome, or fragile X syndrome)
- Inborn errors of metabolism (cystic fibrosis, phenylketonuria, or sickle cell disease)
- Familial or hereditary problems (congenital heart disease or hypercholesterolemia)
- Short or tall stature (height that is significantly below or above normal range)
- Custom proprietary testing panels
- 3,070 unique precision genetic tests
If a genetic tests are ordered, the results shall be reviewed confidentially by your attending physician or an ABGC Certified Genetic Counselor® via HIPAA compliant video conference. If Medicare or Insurance cover your initial consultation then your payment shall be pro-rated and refunded based on coverage.
NOTE: Genetic testing out of pocket or not covered by insurance can cost between $900 to $3,500 per panel.